Once again, work is underway to bring you the 4th IVPN Symposium to be held November 16-17, 2018 in Abu Dhabi, UAE. This year’s symposium will focus on applying evidence into your daily pharmacy practice.
Organized by the Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi Department of Pharmacy Services, this one-of-a-kind symposium is designed for pharmacists, physicians, nurses, clinical dietitians and other healthcare providers looking to enhance their knowledge of intravenous and parenteral nutritional therapies and the various best practices pertaining to Pharmacy operations.
The first day of the symposium will cover safety considerations, strategies for compliance with current and future compounding standards, technologies and clinical advances in IV and parenteral nutrition therapy, particularly as they relate to USP Chapters 797 and 800. The second day will feature several sessions which focus on best practices pertaining to the various elements of the medication management process, which include by are not limited to:
- Informatics and Technology
- Pharmacy Operations and Distribution Models
- Quality & Medication Safety
- Pharmacotherapy Services
- Training and Education
We look forward to welcoming you again to this unique educational experience hoping it will bring us all closer to our shared mission and responsibility of providing the highest level of care to our patients.
We look forward to welcoming you again in Abu Dhabi!
Osama Tabbara, R.Ph., BCNSP, EMBA
Department of Pharmacy Services
CE accreditation for this educational activity is under process.
At the completion of the IVPN Symposium, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize risk mitigation techniques to enhance the safety and efficacy of compounding sterile preparations
- Evaluate the most recent strategies in handling hazardous medications
- Identify and apply the latest techniques and technologies used in successful design and implementation of sterile preparation compounding
- Describe hospital specific practices in compounding parenteral nutrition
- Describe clinical advances in the management of patients on parenteral nutrition
- Identify the impact of leadership on the profession as well as personal growth of current and future pharmacists
- Describe the role of pharmacists in medication dispensing and counseling in various health care institutions
- Recognize the experience of Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi pharmacists in different pharmacy settings
Who Will Attend
- Clinical Dietetics
- Quality & Risk Management Practitioners
- Informatics/Automation Pharmacy Practitioners
- Hospital Pharmacy & Patient Safety Leaders
- Infection Control Practitioners
- CCAD Experience with Establishment of:
1- IV therapy management
2- Pharmacotherapy Services
3- Information Technology & Medication Safety
4- Ambulatory Pharmacy Services
- Management of Hazardous Medications
- Medication Management in Special Populations (i.e, renal/hepatic, pediatrics)
- Infusion Pump Safety & Integration